Day 122 ?

/
0 Comments
Well, I sort of lost count of the days I've been here so far. I could figure it out eventually with math, but who wants to worry about that?

I'm already fairly into the second semester here, but it doesn't really feel that way. I guess we've just been reviewing things from last semester. Although we did start to get into some digital work, which is great! We are currently rendering still lives in drawing class. It may be boring, but direct observation is an excellent teacher.

We also started doing some traditional animation. It's hard work but very rewarding! Unfortunately the instructor will not let us use digital software, so everything has to be done by hand. It might look better, but it takes far more time, effort, and resources!

Here are some quality drawings from the second semester!











We had to design and build 6 pieces of a chess set. I made my pieces after an animal theme, with poplar wood. It was a lot of work but they came out looking beautiful! There's nothing like gloss to really make something pop.


Just a quick speed paint of a wyvern for fun, and to get back into digital


One of the still lives for class. I'm slowly improving it. It takes a long time, but you can't argue with the results. I've learned so much about light and color with this than pretty much anything else.




You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.