Day 2 (sort of)

/
0 Comments
Didn't post anything yesterday, so I'll have to make up for that today! Got to make this a habit.

I took some pictures of the charcoal gestures we did for our first couple of classes in figure drawing. I love figure drawing so much. The human figure is incredible, and even simplifying it into 30 second and 1 min gestures can come out beautifully. Of course I have a long way to go before I make anything spectacular. Since I studied some anatomy before, I always want to try and apply my knowledge of certain muscles to the figure, but usually it always comes out pretty ugly. The strange thing about gestures is that they can look more "human" even if they are anatomically incorrect. Maybe it's just me placing things incorrectly? However, the graceful, swooping lines you highlight in gesture drawings sometimes really don't really exist, yet when you draw them it looks fantastic.

I guess I'll have to read through more figure books and see how they infuse the gesture in more fleshed out pieces.











You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.