Day 1

/
0 Comments
First day of posting, and the conclusion to the first week of art school. I'll be using this blog as a sort of public journal to help record my thoughts and process throughout the years. It's the start of a long and arduous journey, hopefully things will turn out for the best.

Alright, well here's the first weeks dump, lots of gestures and fast drawings. Nothing super fleshed out or anything. I like starting lots of things, but following through is a bit taxing, especially when the end product makes you want to tear your hair out. Fast, fluid, and fun!

Another thing is that the instructors here really push the concept of exaggeration. Since the art of drawing or painting is the translation of a three dimensional object onto a two dimensional plane, some life will be lost. To exaggerate is to make up for that loss. Not sure if I'm not exaggerating enough in my gestures though.

Got some anatomy and sequential stuff in there too.









And there's even more! I've got a large newsprint pad of figures in charcoal which I may add later.



You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.