Modeling, Programming, and more!

/
0 Comments
After a very busy couple of weeks of modeling, texturing, lighting, and also programming, I've got some nice pieces to share! Firstly, my class and I finished our initial models and textures for the Celestial Temple concept I created a couple of weeks ago. It's amazing how quickly our class can create these prototype models, especially with the other 4 classes of work we have to accomplish. After throwing a couple of people's pieces together, I made this level in the Unreal 4 engine.






I also went ahead of the curve, and modeled this Sphinx in zbrush, then retopologizing it in 3d coat, and finally putting on a quick texture in Photoshop just for now. I'll have to go back and paint in more details once the class moves onto smaller items.







Lastly, for one of my projects in my creative coding class, I decided to code a silhouette generator! The code essentially draws one line out in random directions every frame, making a randomized sketch every time it runs. First it draws in white, then in black, mirroring the line as it goes in order to make a symmetrical silhouette. It is basically alchemy's mirror and sketch line tool automated. After running for a couple of seconds, it saves the image, and starts anew! However, it cannot save when it runs on the web here, so if you want to use it, you can click on the window it is running in, then to pause it at any time, press the 'ALT' key. To resume press the Left arrow key. I'll probably continue upgrading this little tool for fun, and hopefully make it very useful!

Well, it seems there is a strange error with the way the code is converted to javascript, then ran on the website. I'll try to fix this error. For some reason it is not affecting my other programs, so here's another fun rectangle program I made earlier. It will randomly generate a base color, then split that color into squares of similar colors. To reset it, press and hold any key for about a second.









You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.