Diddy Kong Racing Trailer - It Exists!

/
0 Comments


Now that our racing levels are chugging along nicely, it is time to think about how to get a player excited. I know one of my favorite arcade racing games growing up was Diddy Kong Racing for the Nintendo 64. It was extremely fun to play with friends, and very challenging too. In fact, I still have not beaten the game due to the difficulty of one of the final bosses.

I decided to see if it had a trailer, and lo and behold, it did! It's a fun-filled promotional trailer that shows off the key selling points of the game all with in-game footage and a classic British narrator. I'm not sure if we'd be able to get a narrator, but otherwise I feel like the trailer has a good pacing in the features it shows off, and with cuts timed with the narration. The trailer is mostly focused on the racing aspect and not the exploration aspect, which works well for my racing level. Just because the game and trailer are dated does not mean I can get some good information out of it. I'm so glad someone on youtube conserved this footage, it's amazing to look back at these things now that I know more about game design.


You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.