Racing Game Hud Exploration

/
0 Comments
After creating a race car and making a track, we must make a HUD using Unreal Engine 4's HUD making software. Since my car is modeled off of a GAZ-69, I decided to start there, and took at look at the original dash of the GAZ-69

 

I love the rugged and neglected look, so I looked at other old war vehicles and found some awesome dials and knobs and stuff!





I loved this tachometer, and would love to incorporate something like it into my HUD. I also took some elements from other dials I thought looked cool, and tried to add some different functionality to them. I like the general layout I have at the moment, but I feel like it might get a big too cluttered. Therefore, once I start testing it in-game, I will tweak it, I'm thinking I could move the Gear indicator and incorporate it into the speedometer, saving space. I would do it in the style of the tachometer above, with the dials within dials it has for temperature and fuel levels. The weapons indicator would be a light up bulb that will reinforce the notion that the player is armed and ready when they pickup a power up.






You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.