Destructive Design

/
0 Comments

For my racing level, I am planning on making the race-way a sort of magnetic highway that the inhabitants of the space station use for travelling to different asteroids. I'm planning on making a destructible asset that fits with this theme, mainly to fit in with the theme of this powerful magnetic highway. Therefore, I'm thinking of making a coolant cell type of obstacle that will make the race much more interesting. I picture this coolant cell looking very similarly to a fusion coil from Halo 3



These sure livened up games of slayer, didn't they?

However, the explosives I wish to create will be rooted to the track, and pop up randomly throughout the race. An observant player will not only be able to dodge these - they can also use their mounted weaponry to shoot cells as enemy races fly by, maybe taking them out in the process.


It's a pretty similar design, but they will be larger, and act differently.

I'd probably place the spawns for these cells manually around the track - keeping a higher concentration in the center to encourage players to drive along the sides of the track to stay safe. 


You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.