Mining Laser Particle Video

/
0 Comments
Here's a short video featuring what I have so far with my mining laser particle. I'll have to revisit it in order to make the area of impact feel more powerful, but it works enough for the blocking in phase.



But, basically these lasers move side to side a random amount, blasting away at the rock below. If the player runs into one of these they will be fried! Therefore, I made the lasers fairly slow, and with the curvature of the asteroid you are driving on, you will be able to see the lasers with plenty of time to dodge. I accomplished what I have so far with two separate particle systems. One for the beam, and one for the debris on the bottom. Using this system, I simply have to wire the bottom particle to a ray cast event from the ships to place it correctly on the asteroid's uneven surface. 


You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.