Race Track Design Planning

/
0 Comments
I'm going to create a themed racing level in space! After working on an ancient celestial temple, I need to get some sci-fi under my belt, so I will be modeling, texturing, and making lots of fun spacey sci-fi props for this level.

I'm planning on making a level that incorporates asteroids and space stations built into them, no unlike Omega from Mass Effect 2. The race will take place primarily during the day, so everything will be lit by a sun with very key key lighting. However, I am playing with the idea of having an eclipse during the final lap of the race to change the mood and make it more intense, by switching everything to a very low key, and illuminating the map with dull red emergency lights.




The track will have three primary areas, an asteroid cave, a space station, and the surface of an asteroid. I want to create a sort of meteor shower that the player has to drive through while on the surface of the asteroid as a stunt.

If that is too difficult I might just change it to a sort of crater soloum, where the player has to avoid driving into a crater.
But I will try to blend sci-fi elements from games like Mass Effect, Dead Space, and Destiny with realistic space elements such as using Phobos as a reference for making the surface of my asteroid and also referencing parts of the International Space Station to make panels and details of my space station more believable.





Here are just some quick thumbnails of certain aspects I want to capture, such as the eclipse on the final lap...









The entrance of the first asteroid at the beginning of the race, where the race first begins...










And exiting the space station on the way to the asteroid's surface.


You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.